Investigators Suspect Space Heater Caused Fire

More photos below.

LA MESA -- Fire investigators could not definitively prove the cause of the Sunday afternoon fire that heavily damaged a duplex in La Mesa, but they suspect a space heater caused the blaze, according to Fire Investigator Adam Beardsley of Heartland Fire and Rescue.

The blaze broke out just before kickoff of the Super Bowl in the duplex located on Fourth Street just south of La Mesa Boulevard. Smoke from the blaze was noticed by customers on the rear terrace of nearby Johnny B's restaurant.

Fire officials are sharing the tips on a flier attached below to remind people of the dangers space heaters can cause on these cooler months.

 

Views: 781

Tags: Heartland Fire & Rescue, Johnny B's, La Mesa Fire

Comment

You need to be a member of La Mesa Today - Community Website & Online Newspaper to add comments!

Join La Mesa Today - Community Website & Online Newspaper

Comment by Michael Cargill on February 2, 2014 at 9:45pm

I was wondering where all the smoke was coming from.

La Mesa Weather

HousingWire

La Mesa Photos

  • Add La Mesa Photos
  • View All

La Mesa Member Videos

  • Add La Mesa Videos
  • View All

La Mesa TODAY is news intended to promote the betterment of La Mesa and its nearby neighborhoods. We want members who share this goal.

© 2019   Created by La Mesa Today.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service